Celebrating 25 years of caring for local people
This year we are celebrating a significant milestone – 25 years of caring for local people. Since the hospice opened in 1992 we have helped thousands of local people and every single one of our supporters has played a part in helping us to reach this special anniversary. Thank You!
Help us celebrate our birthday
Whether it's holding a bake sale, signing up to join our lottery, taking on our Firewalk challenge or volunteering at the hospice, we would love our supporters to help us celebrate our 25th birthday. Take a look at our birthday gift list to find out how you can help!
Bolton Hospice 25th Birthday Gift List
- 2,500 new followers on social media. Help us reach out to even more people – click here to like our Facebook page and here to follow us on twitter.
250 sales of our limited edition 25th anniversary recipe book – a fantastic collection of delicious recipes from our staff, volunteers and supporters.
- 25 new collection tins placed across Bolton – each collection tin raises around £61 a year for the hospice so 25 new tins could raise an extra £1,525 this year. If you could place a tin at your pub, shop, café, restaurant or anywhere else please get in touch!
- 25 new volunteers at our charity shops helping to generate vital income for the hospice whilst being part of a friendly and hardworking team. Click here for more information or to apply.
- 250 new members of our weekly lottery would give 250 more people the chance of scooping our £1,000 top prize every Friday – for just £1 a week! Click here to sign up.
25 new nurse sponsors – our amazing nurses provide expert care, hope and support for our patients. Sponsor a nurse from just £3 a month and you’ll be helping a nurse to support patients and families at every difficult step of their journey.
- 25 new businesses choosing Bolton Hospice as their charity of the year. We’ll provide support to help you make the most of your fundraising for us in 2017. Call 01204 663 065 or email our Corporate Fundraiser Kathryn here.
25 brave people to hot foot it across the coals at our Firewalk on Saturday 25th February – click here for more information or to sign up. 25 stories shared about the hospice from 1992-2017 from patients, families, staff and volunteers. Telling your story helps us raise awareness of what the hospice does. To share your story email Felicity or call 01204 663 055.
- 250 birthday donations of £25 – your birthday gift to us could pay for a bereavement support session for someone struggling to cope with the loss of a loved one or a relaxing aromatherapy massage for a patient or carer.
- 25 people to showcase their Bolton Hospice charity shop bargains! We want more people to see the fantastic bargains available in our 10 charity shops - take a pic and tweet us @boltonhospice.
- 100 people also celebrating a special anniversary in 2017 to support us by asking friends and family to make a donation to Bolton Hospice in lieu of a gift – email Stephanie or call 01204 663 065 to order our special gift aid donation envelopes.
25 people to get baking sweet treats and yummy savouries as part of our Bake a thon in April. Click here to register for your free Bake a thon fundraising pack!
- 25 talks about the hospice to local schools and groups. It’s so important for us to spread the word about what we do at Bolton Hospice and how people can get involved. To book a talk for your school or group call us on 01204 663 065 or email Stephanie.
- £2,500 raised by filling a tube of smarties with 20p pieces. We’ll provide the smarties, all we ask is that after you’ve eaten them you fill the tube with 20p pieces and return it to us! Pick up your smarties from Giles House.
25,000 tickets sold to our special 25th anniversary Summer Draw – help make our summer draw the most spectacular yet by buying a ticket for just £1!
- 25 sponsored slimmers – improving their health and raising money for the hospice at the same time! Email us to request your free slimmers fundraising pack here.
- Support from 25 Bolton celebrities. We’d love our local celebs to show their support to Bolton Hospice and send us a happy birthday message!
- 250 people to take on a challenge – anything goes including running, cycling, skydiving, overseas treks and assault courses. Check out our full challenge calendar here.
- 25 companies taking part in our corporate accumulator challenge in October. One month, £50 cash – how much can you raise? If you think your workplace has what it takes to win email Kathryn or call 01204 663 065.
- 25 new leaves added to our Tree of Life – a poignant collection of personalised engraved leaves on our beautiful tree sculpture. Click here to personalise your leaf.
- 2,500 of our scratch cards sold – with a chance to win up to £1,000 cash or a Carrs Pasty in an instant for just £1 this must be one of the best ways to help us celebrate this year! Click here to find out where you can get yours.
£2,500 raised by our London Marathon runners – John Ryan was the winner of our sought-after guaranteed place in the 2017 marathon and along with our other charity runners are aiming to raise £2,500 in sponsorship.
- 250 pledges in wills. A gift in your will makes a lasting difference and will ensure we’re here to care for patients for the next 25 years. Click here for more information or call Stephanie on 01204 663 065.
And finally… a 25th birthday cake – no birthday celebration would be complete without a cake! We’re looking for a special cake to cut at our anniversary ball to celebrate 25 years of Bolton Hospice.(Completed: Thank you to Greenhalgh's bakery for supplying our birthday cake!)
For fundraising support, please email our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01204 663 065.