Care Quality Commission Report
The Care Quality Commission last made an inspection visit to Bolton Hospice in September 2016. Inspectors couldn’t find any areas where improvement was required and the report praises us for our caring, inclusive and supportive service, awarding a ‘Good’ rating consistent across all areas of inspection. You can read their full report here.
Butterfly Award for Outstanding Practice in End of Life Care
In December 2017, Royal Bolton Hospital Foundation Trust awarded our Hospice at Home team with the Butterfly Award for Outstanding Practice in End of Life Care. They received their butterfly pin badges in recognition of their kindness, dedication and hard work providing care and support to patients at the end of their lives.
Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM)
Bolton Hospice was the first hospice in the UK to be awarded the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) in January 2018. The Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) is a detailed quality framework used for assessing whether cancer care environments meet the standards required by people living with cancer. Bolton Hospice received the highest rating possible of ‘excellent’ when they were assessed. Read the full report here.
In April 2017 some of our service users completed a visit to Bolton Hospice under the PLACE initiative - Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment.
The assessors look at five key areas of the hospice from a patient's point of view:
- Privacy, dignity & wellbeing
- Condition, appearance & maintenance
We we delighted to score highly in the assessment once again, you can view the results here.
These accounts are prepared to report on the qualitative aspects of the services and care delivered by Bolton Hospice in compliance with the Health Act 2009.
Click here to read the latest report.
Our volunteer trustees recently made an unannounced provider visit to the hospice in compliance with Regulation 26 (Chapter 3) of the Private and Voluntary Healthcare (England) Regulations 2001. You can read the full report and resulting action plan here.
Sign up to Safety
Bolton Hospice has pledged to champion patient safety as part of the Sign up to Safety campaign. Sign up to Safety is a national initiative to help healthcare organisations and their staff achieve their patient safety aspirations and care for their patients in the safest way possible.
The hospice has made pledges under the five Sign up to Safety headings:
1. Putting safety first and committing to reducing avoidable harm.
2. Continually learning to make the organisation more resilient to risks, by acting on feedback from patients and staff.
3. Being honest and transparent about progress to tackle patient safety issues and support staff to be candid with patients and their families if something goes wrong.
4. Collaborating and taking a lead role in supporting local collaborative learning, so improvements are made across all the local services that patients use.
5. Being supportive and helping people understand why things go wrong and how to put them right.
Alongside the organisational pledges made by the hospice, individual teams and members of staff are also making their own pledges to improve safety in the area they work in, from the catering team to fundraising staff. Please click here to access our sign up to safety pack.