Bolton: Palliative Care Education Alliance
High quality Palliative and End of Life Care requires a proactive, compassionate approach which is driven by research based best practice and continually strives to ensure person centred individualised care.
The Bolton Palliative Education Alliance is an exciting partnership between The University of Bolton, Bolton Hospice and Bolton NHS Trust. Developed to deliver Palliative and End of Life Care to healthcare professionals, offering BSC Palliative and End of Life Care & Post Graduate Certificate in Palliative and End of Life Care:
- Predominately delivered on-site at Bolton Hospice, allowing students valuable access to a highly skilled clinical environment and professional expertise.
- The course draws on the credibility and expertise of clinicians, educationalists, patients and carers, researchers and academics from the field of Palliative and End of Life Care to offer a rich and engaging student experience, which translates into high quality care.
- Opportunities to learn in the clinical hospice environment.
- Strong links between theory and practice with module content developed and delivered across the University of Bolton and Bolton Hospice sites.
- Be inspired by professionally qualified and healthcare industry-experienced tutors who are passionate and committed to the provision of high quality End of Life Care for those who need it.
- Develop your skills through work based modules and assignements, tailored around vocational and professional needs.
Sharon France, Palliative Care Educator from Bolton NHS Foundation Trust with Hospice Educators Angela Egerton and Vicki Guest
Palliative & End of Life Care in Health & Social Care
Bolton Hospice are excited to be working in collaboration with Bolton NHS Foundation Trust to offer specialist end of life and palliative care training to professionals working in a health and social care setting i.e. care agencies, nursing and residential homes and home care workers.
This course explores the various aspects of end of life care in order to equip professionals with the skills and knowledge needed in a palliative care setting, such as:
- Advance Care Planning
- Importance of effective communication with patients, carers and families
- Symptom management
- Care in the last days of life
- Holistic care
Upcoming course dates are as follows:
13 November 2017 9.00am - 4.00pm
The course fee is £60.00 per person and lunch will be provided. There is also a half day rate available at £30.00 per person.
For more information or to book your place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01204 663066.