Introduction to Communication Skills in Palliative Care: A Patient's Journey
This captivating short course is aimed at practitioners working with or speaking to people dealing with life-limiting illness, loss, bereavement or anyone with an interest in the topic.
The difficult concepts of death and dying are something we all face in our lives (personally and professionally). This short course enables participants to consider the key issues in more depth, exploring how we can support ourselves and those around us through difficult times.Course topics:
- The Philosophy of Palliative Care
- Challenges faced by people with life-limiting illness who care for them, care about them, and visit them.
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Building on our Communication Skills
- The importance of fostering hope in ourselves and others
- Looking after Ourselves
- 18 September 2018 1pm-4pm
£20 per person
*FREE to NHS Bolton Staff
Please click here to book now!