Update on donating to our shops
Throughout the month of September, the following shops will be accepting donations. Please see the days and times for each of our reopened shops here!
Furniture Plus will accept donations at the front of shop on:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 10.00am until 3.00pm
- Saturday, between the hours of 10.00am and 1.00pm
Large Furniture will not be accepted at the front of store at Furniture Plus, you can schedule a delivery to the rear of our shop by phoning 01204 663 063
Chorley Old Road and Little Lever will accept donations on the following days:
- Tuesday and Friday only, between the hours of 10.00am until 3.00pm
Astley Bridge will accept donations at the rear of the shop on:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.00am until 3.00pm and Saturday from 10.00am until 1.00pm.
Tonge Moor Road will now accept donations at the front of the shop on:
- Tuesday and Thursday from 10.00am until 3.00pm.
Westhoughton will now accept donations at the front of the shop on:
- Monday and Thursday from 10.00am until 3.00pm
PLEASE NOTE BURY RD & FARNWORTH ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING DONATIONS
If you would like to book a free home collection, please call our shops team on 01204 663 063.
We are currently preparing for a phased reopening of our Bolton Hospice Charity Shops, please see our risk assessments here.
Donating to Our Shops
Did you know that if you are a UK tax payer, we can claim an extra 25% back from the government on your donations?!
Sign up as a Gift Aid donor and each time you donate any clothing or goods, we can generate an extra 25% more income once they sell! To become a Gift Aid donor, ask in any of our charity shops or speak to our collection team and someone will be more than happy to help!
Call to arrange your free home collection on 01204 663063 - please leave a voicemail and we will call you back if we are unable to answer!
We are always in need of good quality donations in all of our shops - clothing, home & kitchenware, jewellery, bric-a-brac, childrens' toys, nursery & baby items, shoes, bags, DVDs, CDs, books, furniture, electricals and fitness & leisure equipment. So please remember us when you are having a clear out by donating your unwanted items!
To donate your unwanted items you can:
- Take items to one of our charity shops during opening hours.
- Arrange a collection by contacting us by email or on 01204 663 063.
- Download the Gone for Good app, take a picture of your unwanted goods, choose Bolton Hospice and we'll arrange a collection.
Information about donations
We are very grateful to all those who continue to donate to our shops but due to the restrictions imposed on waste and our duty of care in ensuring that waste is removed safely, we ask you to please make sure that all your donations of non-clothing items are in good condition, not broken and meet with Trading Standards compliance.
We are also unable to accept any soft-furnishing donations which do not have the original Fire Safety label attached (see below) such as sofas, armchairs, mattresses etc. as we are unable to re-sell these items.