Mind over Marathon
26 May, 2019 - 09:30am
Be part of #TeamBoltonHospice in 2019
We're looking for 10 incredible supporters who can take on the challenge of a lifetime in 2019 - RUNNING YOUR FIRST EVER MARATHON!
Race through the city where Rock laid its Roots! Walk or run in the steps of the Beatles, and let the beat go on as you discover Liverpool’s rock/pop history along your first marathon journey.
Team Bolton Hospice will support you from day one and together you'll train and prepare to run 26.2 miles around the famous city of Liverpool.
Marathon Training Package
You'll receive a free fundraising pack including a hospice running vest and cheering hand for your supporters. The Mind Over Marathon support package is extremely impressive and includes:
- a place in the Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll marathon on 26th May 2019
- group training and support led by experienced marathon runner, Matt Bowman
- Michelle Mortimer from Miles With Michelle provides a free bespoke training plan for each of our runners
- nutritional advice from Jane Chester, trained PN Level 1 Coach from R.A.W Vitality
- access to an established running group, North Bolton Runners whose Facebook group and page can be accessed via the links
- Team Deane are providing free monthly strength and conditioning training sessions
- exclusive access to our elite Mind Over Marathon Facebook group with other current and past participants for ongoing peer support and motivation throughout your journey!
Registration is £25 per person and a suggested minimum of £500 sponsorship is required per participant.
Mark's account of the challenge!
Mark Sutton was a Mind over Marathon challenger in 2018 and said “I signed up to Mind over Marathon because I’ve been dreaming and building up to running a marathon but never thought it was possible with my busy work life. Through the training and completion of my first marathon my life has changed and made me stronger as a person, giving me the drive to achieve other things I did not think were possible…I’ve even signed up for my next marathon.”
“The support I had throughout this journey was fantastic, the hospice provided us with yoga, gym sessions and group runs which were a great way of bonding with the other runners. The hospice team were with us every step of the way and were simply amazing, as was my wife and family who supported me through the whole thing.”
“I chose Bolton Hospice as my charity because in July 2017 my dad passed away there under amazing care of the doctors and nurses, giving my family precious time with him during his last days. After my dad died I saw and learned of all the great things the hospice does for families and loved ones and was blown away by their dedication, making this charity very close to my heart.”
“The feeling I had throughout the race was unbelievable, months of training all being put into practice and crossing the line was an experience I will never forget, tears of joy, all shared by family and friends. Simply an experience of a lifetime.”
Liverpool Rock 'n' Roll Marathon details
Start Time: 10:00 AM* (Times subject to change)
Time Limit: 6 hours
Start Line: Albert Dock, Liverpool Waterfront
Finish Line: Liverpool Echo Arena, Liverpool Waterfront
Map of the Liverpool marathon route: