The £50 Challenge
01 Oct, 2019 - 09:00am
3 months, £50 Cash... How much can you raise?
Bolton Hospice are looking for 25 groups or teams to take part in their £50 Challenge from 1st October to 31st December of 2019! Anyone can get involved; friends, families, work colleagues, sporting groups, schools, gyms, slimming groups, colleges or community groups!
Each team will receive their £50 stake courtesy of event sponsor, Marlborough Group in the competition and will be tasked with making as much money as possible throughout the 3 month period in any way you like (as long as it is safe and legal!).
The winning teams will be revealed at our awards ceremony. There will also be awards for the Sportiest Team and for the team with the Most Imaginative Fundraising Idea. Last year's overall challenge winners, The Cunningham Family raised £2,600 from their initial £50 stake!
Their fundraising activities included a children's sponsored swim, Christmas Fair, raffle, Christmas Jumper Day, sale of homemade Christmas Cards and jewellery.
The £50 Challenge is kindly sponsored by
Take inspiration from some of our £50 ideas to get you started:
- Use your £50 to sign up for a local challenge event
- Why not use your £50 to hire out a hall or sports pitch & organise a sponsored netball match, 5-a-side or adult sports day?! Check out School lettings Solutions for some local venues.
- Host a wine tasting night
- Hold Halloween, Bonfire and Christmas events and activities
- Buy ingredients to host a come dine with me evening
- Buy tubes of Smarties and take part in our Smarties appeal!
- Hold a fancy dress day
- Buy buckets, sponges and soap for a charity car wash at work
- Check out our leaflet of inspirational ideas by clicking here!
In 2017, Donnelly Bentley won the title of most creative fundraising idea. They raised a huge £1,900 and a big chunk of that total came from their army of knitters who made and sold very popular knitted chocolate oranges.
Marlborough Fund managers were awarded the sportiest team. They held the “Marlborough March” steps competition managing 2,492,054 steps between them which means that from 1st Oct to 31st Oct, if they had set off from Marlborough they would have reached Naples!!!! They entered 4 teams in the Get Claims Active company traithlon and Tim Slymon completed the Manchester Half Marathon. Tim picked up a sickness bug on the day of the half marathon and powered through despite throwing up a few times during the race!
Joanne Williams from The Marlborough Group says ‘The Marlborough Group have just completed a month of fundraising for Bolton Hospice after taking on their £50 challenge. We have successfully raised over £900 for their amazing cause and after being awarded the title “Most Sporty Team” we are all ready to put our feet up and relax over Christmas! Same time next year guys?’
In previous years, fundraising ideas included a Halloween Fancy Dress charity day, pyjama day in the office, haunted house stay at Smithills Hall, an insect infested pizza challenge and a homes and heritage charity evening!
Take a look at our fundraising A-Z guide to get some more ideas about what you're team could do!
Fancy giving it a go?!
Here are the challengers for 2019 so far....
If you think you could contend against the likes of these amazing corporate fundraisers, please contact Kathryn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01204 663065, or to register please get in touch!
Want to sponsor the event?
The £50 challenge is a competition between businesses, schools and community groups battling to generate the most money for Bolton Hospice from an initial stake of £50. We are looking for a sponsor to provide each group with their £50 stake in the competition to help them kick start their fundraising. The challenge is in it’s fourth year and has so far generated £35,000 for Bolton Hospice which has helped to provide comfortable, respectful and dignified care to people in our community when they need us most.
Sponsorship of the £50 challenge offers you an opportunity to associate your organisation with one of Bolton best-loved charities, plus a host of branding, PR, corporate entertaining and CSR benefits.
Cost: £1,000 (one available)
• Company logo on all promotional literature in relation to the event (letters to past and potential participants, leaflets and e-shots).
• Company logo and hyperlink on event page of the Bolton Hospice website.
• Acknowledgement pre and post event on our social media sites. We currently have a combined Facebook and twitter following of 16,000!
• Acknowledgement as sponsor in all press releases in relation to the event.
• Acknowledgement and thank you via speeches on the day.
• Photo & PR opportunities pre-event, on the day and post-event.
• Opportunity to present teams with their £50 on the launch evening of the challenge
• Opportunity to present teams at the awards ceremony with their trophies for most sport team, most creative team and most profit generated.
Bespoke packages can also be created to meet your business objectives. For further information please contact Kathryn Willett on 01204 663 065 or Kathryn.email@example.com
Register for the The £50 Challenge
Please complete the form below.