Virtual Memories Walk 2020
20 Jun, 2020 - 08:00am
Walk 10,000 steps in your pyjamas in the Virtual Memories Walk!
We are very excited to announce our Virtual Memories Walk will be going ahead on Saturday 20th June.
In light of the current situation we made the decision to postpone our Midnight Memories Walk this year but have been working very hard to offer an alternative we think you’ll love.
We're asking our amazing supporters to put on their pyjamas and make every step count in a walk around their local area. You can also upload photos of your Virtual Memories Walk and messages of dedication to our virtual wall of memories.
About the Virtual Memories Walk
- The event will take place on 20th June, the date we had originally planned for the 13th annual Midnight Memories Walk.
- Instead of a set route or number of miles, you can walk in memory of your loved ones, wherever and whenever you’d like! We would love it if participants could each take on the challenge of 10,000 steps and help us reach a milestone 1 million steps on 20th June! You can use your phone or an app to track your steps & upload your final count to our facebook event page here.
- There are so many reasons to walk... in memory, to support or just for fun - and our Virtual Memories Walk means more people can take part than ever before as you can complete your 10,000 steps at any time on 20th June, and in as much or as little time as you need.
- To mark the special significance of your walk, you can light a candle for your loved one when you get home and share these photos on our wall of memories too.
We hope you're as excited as we are about this year's virtual walk! With your help, we're hoping to raise some much needed funds for the hospice and have lots of fun along the way!
The Virtual Memories Walk is kindly sponsored by Stateside Foods Ltd.
• This is a free to join sponsored event - please set up a Facebook fundraiser or a JustGiving page to raise sponsorship to help the hospice in these difficult times. You can find out how to set up your JustGiving page for the Virtual Memories Walk here
• Any route from your doorstep at any time of day – please adhere to social distancing guidelines and our safety information, this can be read here.
• Make your own in memory bib at home - you can download our template here
• Tune in to Bolton FM and contact them with your song dedications on the day
• Send us photos and videos of your walk for our commemorative video by sharing them to our event page or by messaging the Bolton Hospice facebook page.