Virtual Open Gardens
13 Jul, 2020 - 09:00am
During the Coronavirus pandemic, our gardens have provided a welcome distraction and have been an enormous source of comfort and escapism from the challenging situation we have all found ourselves in. Never before have our gardens looked so good and we want to celebrate the hard work and love that people have put into their gardens by holding our very own Bolton Hospice Virtual Open Gardens competition!
The Bolton Hospice Virtual Open Gardens competition will commence on Monday 13th July 2020 and all supporter entries will be displayed each day here on our Facebook page.
We will have a guest judge a day choosing a winner from the following categories:
- Monday 13th July - Best Hanging Basket, Window Box, Pot or Container
- Tuesday 14th July - Best Vegetable Garden
- Wednesday 15th July - Best Community Garden (Allotments, Schools, Conservation Projects)
- Thursday 16th July – Best Front Garden
- Friday 17th July – Best Back Garden
- Saturday 18th July – Public vote for Overall Winner.
How to enter
- Choose the category or categories you would like to enter
- Make a £5 suggested minimum donation to enter. You can donate through our website here or JustGiving page for the event here
- Before the competition starts on July 13th, please send in a picture for the category you would like to enter, along with your name and contact number.
- You can email entries to email@example.com or message us on our Facebook page here.
- Entries for each category will be judged by our guest judge of the day, and lucky winners will each receive a prize and a personalised certificate!
- The overall winner is voted for by the public on the final day of the competition. You can cast your vote on this day by 'liking' your favourite entry photos when we upload them on Facebook.. The overall winner will receive a special engraved vase and a personalised certificate to celebrate their win!