Midnight Walker Information
Published on Jun 06, 2019
The time is almost upon us and we are all getting ready to walk on the 15th June.
Here is some information that will help you get the most from your evening, and once again, we can't tank you enough for your support and sponsorship.
LETS MAKE THIS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
Everything you need to know
Market Place Bolton – ground floor
Check in from 6.30pm – 9.30pm. You will register numerically by walker number and If you are part of a group make sure the registrar is aware of your group name.
All participants must check back in at the end of the walk.
Entertainment from 6.30pm and warm up at 9.30pm.
Walk starts at 10pm
Car Parks (all FOC after 6pm)
The Market Pace open until 4am Sunday 16th June.
NCP Topp Way
Central Street (Behind Victoria Hall)
Spaces are available on a first come first serve basis and car parks will be marshalled. Please note, however, that cars are parked at the owner’s risk.
What to Bring
- Your Walker Number pinned on your T-shirt
- Your sponsorship money if you have already collected it.
- Your sponsorship pledged amount, so we can announce the total amount raised by all walkers.
- Midnight Memories Walk 2019 T-shirt must be worn on the night
- Wear comfortable and suitable walking shoes and socks
- Wear warm clothing as temperatures plummet at night
- Change to buy your midnight walk merchandise on the night!
- Carry a supply of plasters in case of blisters.
- If you have any medical conditions please bring any necessary medication and remember it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit enough to walk on the night.
- Under 16’s must come with their supervisory adult.
- At registration point you will be asked how much you expect to raise from sponsorship which will help us to reveal the total raised from this event.
- REMEMBER WEE ARE HOPING WITH YOUR SPONSORSHIP WE WILL RAISE £80,000 FROM THIS EVENT…EVERY WALKER COST THE HOSPICE £20 TO PAY FOR TSHIRTS, MEDALS, PORTA LOSS, SECURITY, MEDICAL COVER, POSTAGE, ADVERTISING.
- IF YOU CAN’T RAISE FUNDS PLEASE CAN YOU CONSIDER A £25 DONATION TO HELP US TO CARE FOR OUR PATIENTS.
Please ask all your sponsors to Gift Aid their donation by ticking the gift aid box on your sponsorship form. If they are a UK tax payer or pay Capital tax for every £1 they donate we can claim 25p! It all adds up!
The Midnight Memories Walk is an 8.2 Mile Walk fully marshalled. It should take 3- 4 hours to complete, we stage a staggered start in groups on 50’s. Please note this is not a race and walkers should not pass our lead walkers. If you require assistance please let our Marshalls know.
Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a short lead and walk at the back.
Wheelchair users are welcome but please locate at the back, you will be accompanied by a Marshall.
Finish & Re-Register
You must re-register back in at the registration room at the end of the walk to receive your food voucher to get that well-earned bacon butty or pasty! If you fail to do so we will assume your lost and call your emergency contact in the middle of the night!
Safety on the night
Your safety is of the upmost importance to us. The event has been organised in conjunction with local authorities and the route will be well marshalled by volunteers. An end walker will also follow the last walkers to ensure nobody is left behind. All walkers will sign in and out on the night and confirm their contact number on the night to make sure everyone is safe. Please ensure your phone is fully charged on the night.
Please make sure you stick to the route and stay on the pavements and do not pass the lead walkers.
It is dark in areas and foot paths are uneven, please wear suitable footwear and take care.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHORLEY NEW ROAD IS LIVE ON THE NIGHT WITH NORMAL TRAFFIC.
Porta Loo locations
- Bolton School,
- Lay by near to Overdale Cemetery
- Clevelands Prepatory School SIGNPOSTED
- Meadowhill Nursery Refreshment stop
- Old Hall Clough
- Lion and Vienna pub, SIGNPOSTED
Please do not cross over the road to use the toilets, use the toilets available on the side that you are walking.
Will be available to buy prior to the walk from the Market Place
Bananas and water are available at the half way point
A Bacon Buttie or Carrs Pasty accompanied by a hot drink will be served at the end of the walk make sure you re-register back in to receive your food voucher!
Children under 16
They must be accompanied and signed for by a supervisory adult.
A contact number must be on the reverse of their walker number.
Tutus, Bunny Ears, Furry Wands, Glo glasses. Glo sticks and lanterns will be available to purchase on the night.
You can bring these along to the Hospice prior to the event or on the night and we will lovingly decorate the railings outside The Hospice and Queens Park.
You can collect these on the night of the walk.
Registration on the night
You can register on the night but the cost will be inflated as we will account for sponsorship.
We are looking forward to seeing you all for our 13th Midnight Memories Walk to make this once again a memorable evening and to raise our target of £80,000 for BOLTON HOSPICE.
THANKYOU FOR JOIUNING US.