Volunteers' Week 2020
Published to Other News on Jun 05, 2020
This week we’ve been celebrating our annual Volunteers’ Week, as now more than ever we want to share our gratitude for the incredible people who support the hospice, donate their time and help us to continue providing care to the people of Bolton – each hour they volunteer across the hospice, from the wards to our charity shops, are so valued and truly make a difference.
Here is a round-up of the messages we have shared over the week to say cheers to volunteers!
Our Shops Managers have been calling regularly to check in on our shops and cafe volunteers during lockdown, to keep connected and to share how much they can't wait to see them in person again! This Volunteer's Week the shops team shared this message for their amazing volunteers
"We would like to say a massive thank you to all of our shops and cafe volunteers! All of the Shops Managers are missing the camaraderie we have with our shop volunteers and we are missing their loyalty and dedication to their chosen shop. Thank you to each and every one of our shops volunteers...WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK!"
We also shared thank you to our trustees who all generously volunteer their time and expertise to help the hospice and bring their experience to the table.
On Friday we shared some messages and photos in a special video for our volunteers, raising a glass to say cheers to volunteers! You can view the video here
We also asked our volunteers what they were missing most about volunteering with the hospice...
- Spending time with fellow volunteers and customers.
- Love volunteering in The Old Bank Cafe, the staff and customers are all brilliant, such a friendly place.
- I have been a ward volunteer at the hospice for 27years love being on the ward and serving lunches meeting the patients and having a good chat so I really miss my Friday lunch time.
- I miss spending every Friday supporting patients and relatives on the wards. I enjoy catching up and learning new things with the incredible hospice staff
I can’t wait to get back to volunteering, doing what I love as it was the highlight of my week, it’s where I’ve felt most appreciated and built relationships.
- I miss being in the shop at the Hospice on Wednesday morning, especially the patients, nursing staff and my friends. I really miss Thursday mornings in the fundraising department, having a laugh with everybody. Can't wait to be back
- I miss Mondays in the office and just being with everyone and seeing what a difference they all make.
- Miss everyone and the laughs we have together loved my Friday volunteering special times happy memories can’t wait to see everyone.
- I am missing making patients and relatives smile. Also missing nurses, support staff and my mates.
- Miss spending time with patients and customers at the hospice and charity shop.
- Miss the interaction with customers on Wednesday morning some who have become friends. Miss seeing the other volunteers.
- Missing making breakfast for all the patients, missing all the staff and friends from Friday mornings, missing catching up with everyone.
- Miss all the volunteers I meet collecting in the supermarkets and the good chats we have.
- Love being a volunteer in the main fund raising events.
This Volunteers' Week may have been different but it was great to highlight just how much we value each of the fantastic people in our community that volunteer to show their support and make a difference here at the hospice. We miss them and can't wait to see them all again soon!