Our patron scheme is a collection of individuals, companies and groups who want to make a difference on their doorstep by helping to fund our vital care for local people.
Our Patrons' donations help the hospice:
- Care for people in Bolton with incurable, life-limiting illnesses
- Maintain high-quality, individualised care that focusses on compassion, dignity and respect
- Provide support for families, both throughout the illness and after a patient has died
Why join the patron scheme?
Joining our patron scheme is a wonderful way to show your support to your local hospice. All our patrons receive a number of benefits, but the real benefit is knowing you are helping to fund specialist care for patients and families when they need it most.
Our patrons scheme is the perfect opportunity for you or your company to truly help your local community. For every £1 we raise 71p goes directly to care for our patients and their families.
- We pride ourselves in supporting local families when they need us the most.
- We're an independent charity. We receive around £1m in NHS funding but need to raise over £4m every single year to continue providing free expert care and support to our community.
- Your partnership will help us support our community today and well into the future.
- We provide specialist palliative and end of life care and support in our inpatient unit, Wellbeing Hub and at home with our Hospice at Home service.
- We also provide outpatient clinics, specialist services and wellbeing sessions at our Wellbeing Hub, 24 hour telephone advice, occupational and physiotherapy, spiritual support for all faiths or none and so much more.
- We're there for the whole family providing carers support, bereavement support, complementary therapies and creative therapy
What benefits do patrons get?
- Framed certificate to show your support.
- Acknowledgement of your support on our brand new patron wall display in the hospice's main reception. (option to be anonymous)
- Invitations to special patron events (usually one event per year).
- Your name displayed on the hospice website (option to be anonymous)
- Social media interactions acknowledging your patronage.
- An editorial in The Bolton News to celebrate your patronage.
- Unique opportunities undertaking practical jobs on site at the hospice or fundraising challenges in the community.
- Use of our conference facilities for up to 20 people for 1 day including refreshments and lunch (Diamond & Emerald members only).
- An acrylic patron’s plaque to display at your workplace to show your support (Diamond & Emerald members only).
- Four free tickets to any of our events every year (Diamond & Emerald patrons only).
What are the different levels of the patron scheme?
Diamond: Suggested minimum donation £10,000 plus VAT annually, £833.33 per month plus VAT
Emerald: Suggested minimum donation £2,500 plus VAT annually, £208.33 per month plus VAT
Platinum: Suggested minimum donation £1,000 plus VAT annually, £83.33 per month plus VAT
Gold: Suggested minimum donation £500 plus VAT annually, £41.67 per month plus VAT
Bolton Hospice are an amazing part of our community and I think that, at some point, all of our staff have experienced the care and compassion shown by the whole hospice team.
To any business looking to review their Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, I would highly recommend the Bolton Hospice patronage programme as a way to show the caring and more personal side of your business.