Our patron scheme is a collection of individuals, companies and groups who want to make a difference on their doorstep by helping to fund our vital care for local people.
Our Patrons' donations help the hospice:
- Care for people in Bolton with incurable, life-limiting illnesses
- Maintain high-quality, individualised care that focusses on compassion, dignity and respect
- Provide support for families, both throughout the illness and after a patient has died
Our new Patron Wall which is displayed in The Wellbeing Hub reception.
Why join the Patron Scheme?
Joining our patron scheme is a wonderful way to show your support to your local hospice. All our Patrons receive a number of benefits, but the real benefit is knowing you are helping to fund specialist care for patients and families when they need it most.
Our patrons scheme is the perfect opportunity for you or your company to truly help your local community. For every £1 we raise 71p goes directly to care for our patients and their families.
- We pride ourselves in supporting local families when they need us the most.
- We're an independent charity. We receive around £1m in NHS funding but need to raise £4m every single year to continue providing free expert care and support to our community.
- Your partnership will help us support our community today and well into the future.
- We provide specialist palliative and end of life care and support in our inpatient unit, wellbeing hub and at home with our Hospice at Home service.
- We also provide outpatient clinics, specialist services and wellbeing sessions at our wellbeing hub, 24 hour telephone advice, occupational and physiotherapy, spiritual support for all faiths or none and so much more.
- We're there for the whole family providing carers support, bereavement support, complementary therapies and creative therapy
What benefits do Patrons get?
- A framed certificate to show your support.
- Invitations to special Patrons’ events (usually one event per year).
- Acknowledgement of your support in the hospice's main reception.
- Company name or logo and link to your company website on the hospice website.
- Social media interactions acknowledging your patronage.
- Use of a Bolton Hospice Patron logo for online and print
- Opportunity to use the Bolton Hospice Patron logo on your company literature and website.
- Unique team building opportunities undertaking practical jobs on site at the hospice or fundraising challenges in the community.
- Use of our conference facilities for up to 20 people for one day (including refreshment & lunch) - gold and platinum members only.
What are the different levels of the Patron Scheme?
Bronze: suggested donation of £350 a year (£29.17 a month)
Silver: suggested donation of £500 a year (£41.67 a month)
Gold: suggested donation of £750 a year (£62.50 a month)
Platinum: suggested donation of £1,000 a year (£83.34 a month)
How do I join?
To join, click here to download a patron form and return it to the fundraising office.
The patronage program has given us the chance to get involved with all the fantastic events the hospice run whilst also knowing we are making a contribution to the essential fundraising the hospice depends on.